Saturday, June 13, 2009

Back to the grind....or something like that


So it appears that I'm back to the job search yet again. I've been reluctant to post anything about being laid off, because really, even though it's not my fault, it feels completely demoralizing. Nothing like applying for a job that I'm overqualified for, over-educated for, and so on and so forth, only to hear that 2oo other applicants, probably equally overqualified, are my competition.

I am luckier this time in my unemployment, because I will actually be able to apply for... unemployment. What a concept. I also have a couple weeks til my last day, a job interview already lined up, and the possibility of being rehired by the district before they make a public posting of the job if something opens up.

All that said, I have a very hard time accepting that my personal setbacks are not indicative of stupidity or perceived lack of success on my part.

Wish me luck, and mayhaps I will get a job that doesn't put 500 miles a week onto my car.

No comments:

Post a Comment