Monday, October 5, 2009

My Baby's All Grown Up: Volume 3 of Rachel's Bridesmaid Tales

This weekend was the bridal extravaganza known as Melissa's wedding. Thanks to my commitment to try to stop crying in public, I chickened out of a speech. It probably would have been a more speech-like version of this. This fine photo is the first picture of me and Melissa together, and is the photo inside the locket she gave me as a bridesmaid gift. Outside my immediate family, I've known this little lady longer than anyone, even my sister, who was a mere sea creature swimming in my mommy's big belly, making her sweaty and uncomfortable at the time this photo was taken. Melissa's been like another sister to me, complete with all the heartwarming moments, tears, embarrassments, great times, and petty jealousies that come along with being that close to another girl. As my father would attest, Melissa can be a handful. Ok, let's face it, he dreamed of a permanent "time out" for all of us when she'd come over. That said, and despite the fact I thought I'd never consider any boy good enough for Melissa, I think she's found a perfect complement in Joe, and now I know that nobody could ever treat such a great girl so well, handle all her craziness, put up with her messiness, and love her as much as I do. Despite some of the feelings I've had surrounding weddings recently, and all the inevitable jealousies that come to a so-called spinster of nearly thirty, I had a great weekend celebrating my dear friend's wedding. Congrats to Melissa and Joe. I love you guys!

Here are about five million photos:

Ladies at Kit Kat Lounge
Another kind of lady at Kit KatBaby girl!Making new best friends!Makeup for the big day!Me and the brideSistersMelissa and Caroline, one of the maids of honorCandid shot with RhiannonBouquetImportant propsMight as well have a sense of humor about itPlace settingFirst dance with Joe



Grandma stole all Christy's dance moves
Hava Nagilah- this is right before Joe fell off his chair
That crazy Curren familyNewlywedsWhite girls can breakdanceOwlface
Onward to the Honeymoon Suite

No comments:

Post a Comment