Wednesday, January 13, 2010

A Little Bit of Resolve. A Little Bit Late.

Photo by Ben

For a variety of reasons, I've been hesitant to post a requisite "New Years Resolutions!" post. This is probably because generally I find New Year's resolutions to be silly and trite, but in the interest of my ever-evolving quest for self-improvement and my insatiable lust for finding a little bit of accountability, here are some goals, some hopes for the future, some things for me to keep in mind. Maybe they'll inspire people to not just make silly resolutions for the sake of a new year, but think about improving the quality of their lives.

  • Commit myself to better dental hygiene. This one's a sad one, but let's face it, not all of us have been good little flossers. I found my old Timmy the Tooth timer. So far he's both mocked me, and helped me brush longer.
  • GET A JOB! I will not do this in an extremely self-critical way, that's just proven to be counter productive. It's hard to look at job descriptions if you're crying all the time.
  • Cut myself a little damn slack.
  • Stop being so oversensitive. This one has been a lifelong disaster, like a rollercoaster with the tracks bent out of shape. It's wrong when you're 7 and your mother has to tell you to lighten up and take a joke. I still can't take a joke. I'm working on this one.
  • Try to work out, without feeling like a shitty person when I don't. Self-abuse is rarely a good motivator.
  • Make out more.
  • Become disgustingly adept at vegetarian cooking. And I don't mean heating up Chick'n nuggets (though my lust for them is out of control).
  • Write more
  • Make more art
  • Get involved.
  • Don't worry. Be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment