Sunday, August 9, 2009

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. If it is broke...



I've come to realize that sometimes people are just "broken" and as much as I personally battle to admit it, this is not the doll hospital. You can't just send the problem away and get it back, as good as new, like gluing on a disembodied foot, or reattaching a loose wig.

My current romantic interests have sent some very well meaning compatriots into states of confusion and shock, for a variety of very understandable reasons. I get this, dear friends, I do. Here's the simple answer to this question, though of course there is also a more complicated one.

This person is not broken. There is nothing here to "fix". There may be small flaws as in any person, but these flaws are akin to a slightly less aesthetically appealing element in a painting as opposed to a giant hole punched in the middle of it.

I need that.

I'm the lady, not the carpenter.

No comments:

Post a Comment