Thursday, March 12, 2009

Ass-burgers?



There's been more than one occasion on which I've wondered if I might have Asperger's Syndrome. Ok, I actually asked my mother if she'd ever thought I might be retarded. Luckily she had the decency to say no, she never did. See, that's the tact of someone who definitely does not have Asperger's. Maybe I just can't tell the difference between general ennui and a mild form of Autism, or maybe I'm just bored, but sometimes I can really relate to the experiences described by those who have been put on a mood stabilizer and feel like they've completely flatlined. Maybe I need to spice it up a bit? Go on a vacation alone? Meet some new friends? Seek psychiatric treatment? Perhaps I just watch too much TV. So many choices. For someone who cries so much, I really don't get that riled up about anything on either end of the spectrum. I can think of the lone experience which actually has caused me long lasting, soul crushing emotion of any type, both good and bad, and if that's what feelings are, I am terrified. I'm still living the feelings rollercoaster every day and I would like to jump off please. Why couldn't I have been born a Small Wonder? I mean, created... yes, created.

No comments:

Post a Comment